Friday, April 20, 2007

WE"RE HERE

Well we left Little Rock AR at 2:00pm Thursday and arrived in Vietnam at 10:20am, most of that time was spent in the air except about 7 hours, in other words we are all happy not to be on an airplane. It was really cool flying into Hong Kong because the airport is on a man made island. You fly in right over the water and you get really close to it. It was really cool seeing this part of China. Arriving in Vietnam was very different. I think that there was very few Americans going through immagration. For the families that are traveling soon, this is a piece of cake. I worried a little, but the officer didn't even ask me a questions. Same with customs. The Dillon employees are great here. They are so nice. We are leaving tomorrow at 7am and meet Howie at 3pm. We are exhausted but very excited.

Ok on the Vietnam....what you see here can not be put into words. Scott and I have never traveled out of the country before, but this is so different even when I already kind of knew what to expect. There are some really beautiful buildings here. The scooters and traffic are REALLY scary. We were in a bus and I think we almost hit a half dozen people, but it is normal. The hotel room is pretty big. Hard wood floors and a big bed (that is really close to the ground). I am going to try to post some pictures tonight. We are all excited to see more tonight and tomorrow. We are going to go and look around tonight and get dinner. I am pretty sure we all want to go to bed early since we are tired and need to get up early in the morning. I will post more later.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm SO happy you made it to Vietnam. I'm sure you're tired beyond belief and I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight. Better be well rested to play with little Howie tomorrow. :)

MelissaR said...

It sounds like you are enjoying yourself, but I'm sure tomorrow will be even more enjoyable. I wish that we could all be there to see your first sight of Howie. I don't think a pciture could capture your thoughts and feelings. Can't wait to read more Stacy.

Daniel and Jamie said...

Wow! Tomorrow is the day! Can't wait to see pics of you holding Howie!!!

Cari said...

I'm so glad you made it safely. Can't wait to see you pics tomorrw!

Heather said...

Have a fantastic day tomorrow, try to soak it all in and remember the details and the feelings. Howie is so blessed to have you.

Jessica said...

YEAH! glad to hear you are there! I can not wait to see pictures of you with your son!

Willis said...

So thankful God blessed you with safe travels. I know by now you've probably held your precious boy. There's nothing like it. It only gets better and better from here.

Heather from South Carolina
mom to 1 yr old Rocco from Ninh Thuan