Sunday, April 22, 2007

Meeting Howie

The drive down to Can Tho took us about 5 hours, but it went pretty fast because of all the scenery there was to look at. It was pretty much city driving all the way down. We had to get on a ferry to get over to Can Tho and I have never experience anything like that before. We were put into a holding room with the scooters and then herded out. You had to really watch out not to get ran over by the scooters. Can Tho is a beautiful city set right on the river. Our hotel room looks out on the river and we watched a beautiful sunrise over the river this morning. The room is pretty nice too. On to the best part...Howie. The center is really beautiful set right on the river. It was sooooo clean and the staff was great. They are
really knowledgable and really helped the transition for the boys to get to know us. We walked upstairs to a room and we were the last couple in. Howie was already crying. He was pretty scared. He cried off and on for about 15 minutes and by 20-25 minutes he was on our laps for the rest of the time. He was so interested on what was going on around him. He would look
around and than turn and look at us. We didn't get a smile out of him, we were close, but I think in a couple days he will be smiling all the time for us. We had to write in a book for the center about the experience for them to keep. I wish that we would have had more time to prepare because there was so much that I wanted to say and had a hard time putting it into to
words. When it was time to go we had to put him back into his crib (his bedroom is air conditioned!!!!) and he started to cry. This made us feel pretty good because he would rather be with us than in his crib. All in all it went pretty well. We are excited to go see him again today and tomorrow morning he will be ours forever. The internet is pretty sporatic here, so we
will try and post again tonight, but it may not be until tomorrow in HCMC.

2 comments:

MelissaR said...

I'm so glad to hear from you and that your experience was great. I kept looking all day long. I can't wait to see photos. I looked at the other families' blogs and saw a couple of photos, it brought tears to my eyes so I know I will be crying when I see pictures of you and Scott with Howie. I can't wait to hear more about your joy. Love you guys! Please tell Howie, he has a cousin that can't wait to play with him!

DLH said...

I'm so happy for you and Stacy! Have fun in Nam.