Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Travel Schedule

Here is the schedule for our trip:

Leave Little Rock @ 4:25pm Thursday April 19
Arrive in HCMC @ 10:20am Saturday April 21
We will stay in the Kim Do that night and leave early the next morning to meet our son. We will be spending the 22nd and 23rd in Can Tho getting to know our son. We are also excited about the extra time to explore Can Tho, Howie's place of birth. We will have our G&R on the 24th at 9:00am. We will be heading back to HCMC after the ceremony. There are three holidays that fall while we are there, so they are still trying to get us back in a reasonable amount of time. The holidays fall on the 26th, 30th and May 1st. It looks like we will have about 4 days of rest in the middle of the trip due to the holidays which is ok it will give us a chance to explore HCMC. We are hoping to have our interview with the US Consulate in Hanoi on the 7th, but it just depends on how busy they are. With the holidays it might push us back, we will have to wait and see.

We just can't believe that it is finally happening. We leave in 2 days!! The scary thing is that I still have to pack. I have been trying to wait to pack because I don't want to have nothing to do because than the nervousness will get to me. I already have butterflies what will I be like tomorrow and Thursday? Scott is going to work today and tomorrow and a little from home on Thursday. I will try to post every day and post lots on pictures.


WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU HOWIE!! WE WILL SEE YOU IN 5 DAYS!!!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so wonderful that you will have extra time in Can Tho with Howie. I can't believe you leave in 2 days!! SO EXCITING!!!!!

Dianna said...

Get busy packing! I'm a nervous wreck on your behalf :) Do you need me to run to the store? Have you forgotten anything? If I'm this bad when the Can Tho mommies are travelling, I'm going to be a basket case when it's our turn!

Kathy said...

Happy happy travels! I will be living vicariously through you until its my turn!

Kathy F.
adoptingadam.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Many safe travels. I can't wait to read about your trip and meeting Howie for the first time.

Willis said...

That's great that you and Zak's mommy will be celebrating first birthdays! I can't wait to follow your journey. We just came back from Vietnam getting our son, Rocco Jase, and I can tell you it is a loooong trip but so worth it. I did the same as you on packing. On the night we left at 3am, we were still packing at 11pm. You will LOVE having those other moms with you. Kim-Lan and I made great friends and helped each other out in a lot of ways. Praying for your safety!
HEather in SC

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

I can't wait to follow your journey! I am so excited for your family. It is almost time...YIPEE!

Btw, I didn't know you guys are in AR. We are too.