Thursday, April 26, 2007

Update 4-27-07

Well we left home over a week ago and we will be in Vietnam for at least another week and a half. It feels like we have been away from home for a month. This morning we went to a huge market. We barely covered any of it and I was so hot. I started not to feel well and Howie was so tired that we left early and came back to the hotel. Howie promptly went to sleep and has been a sleep for about 2 hours. Last night he slept good again. He went to sleep about 7 and woke up for his bottle about 3 and went right back to sleep until 5:15am this morning. He is a quiet baby, he doesn’t jabber much, but when he does it is the cutest thing. Each day we are learning more new things about our son…can you believe it we have a son. We just sit there are star at him and can’t believe that he is really ours. I have heard that many people feel like they are baby sitting, I think ours is a feeling of disbelief. Through the process there were a lot of painful times and the waiting seemed endless, but you are never for sure if it is worth it when you are going through it, but let me tell you….it is sooooooo worth it. Just one little smile makes your heart melt and one little giggle makes you smile. The funniest thing happened yesterday Howie was playing and I went to the bathroom Scott was watching him. I walk out and Scott says what is he doing. I promptly say well just standing and playing…..and then I smell it. I started laughing so hard. Scott and I were both laughing so hard because something so smelly came out of this sweet little boy. We both have been waiting for our first poopie diaper since we have gotten him. I made Scott look at it to see if he could handle changing one, but he told me no way really fast and about throw up. We were both laughing so hard. Howie looked at us like we are nuts. The joy of parenthood. Who would have thought that we would think that a poopie diaper or gas is funny. Ok so I am sure you all don’t want to hear about poopie diapers.

Scott goes today to get Howie’s passport and hopefully we should know what is going to happen next week. We are looking forward to some time to explore too. Well I will post more later and I am sure that Scott has more pictures to post.

No comments: